An Exciting Day

Ian had a follow-up appointment with the neuro-geneticist yesterday. It went well. Unfortunately, his gene tests are still not back, even though they told me August, I was hoping they would be back. So when those results come in, the doctor will call. We went over the medicine and dosage...Ian is being increased from 3 times a day to 4 times a day. The 4th dose is only ½ of what the other doses are; however, in 2 – 3 weeks that dose will increase to the same amount as the other 3. This is just going to mean a stricter medicine schedule. Ian was very excited to tell the Dr. Raymond that he is brushing his teeth on his own. Dr. Raymond was very happy about that and stated every little thing is a step in the right direction.

After we left Hopkins, Ian had his baseball banquet. To say his face was priceless would not even do it justice. The smile was from ear to ear…as well as the smile on Becca’s face as she got to wheel him up…the evening was a priceless moment.

I was playing on the computer with Becca and Brian called me to come upstairs where he was giving Ian his shower. I start to walk up the steps, what did I see…Ian washing his hair…it was priceless. When he came downstairs afterwards, Ian looked at me and said, “Mommy, I washed my own hair…all by myself.” The tears started to roll.

Comments

  1. Dear Marci,
    Great news about Ian washing his hair and brushing his teeth. What an acccomplishment and he seems very proud of himself. Rightfully so.
    Have a good weekend,
    Miriam
    P.S. The families loved the mac and cheese-many vegetarians at dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all great news guys! Glad everything is starting to look a little brighter.

    Scot, Connie, Rylee, and Grant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara Lichtig Hoffman Great Pic! Yeah I!!

    Amanda Marie Great news!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts