Saturday, May 31, 2014
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Sunday, May 11, 2014
11 years ago I celebrated my 1st Mother's Day. For me it was extra special as on Saturday, May 10, 2003 we brought Becca Jordan home from the hospital ... Then the call came early Sunday, May 11, 2003, to come get Ian Alexander. He was ready to come home as well...so my 1st Mother's Day was the 1st day our family of 4 was home...complete. Not knowing what was in store....we just went with it each day.
Every day is Mother's Day for me....I am grateful for every moment we have with our wonderful kids, while I may not always show it or think I am grateful as the moment is playing out...I know I am. As our days continue and our journey moves forward, I am grateful for each day.
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's in our lives. I have learned from each and everyone of you.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Well true to Ian...he has not had any issues since being in the hosptial. No issues means they can't see what is going on and no way to change vent settings. We did try a new medicine for anxiety which Ian did well on. In addition he had a trial yesterday and today of being off the vent for 30 minutes each, he did great both times. Having this knowledge along with the anxiety medicine will allow showers to go smoother, we hope. So now we wait for discharge orders, finish packing him up, and head home ....to treasure yesterday, dream of tomorrow, live for today.
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Monday, May 5, 2014
Finally in a room and working on getting settled in with all our stuff from home.
While in the ER, Brian and I were joking about which side of the floor we would be on as we have already been on the left side, in the middle but not on the right side...well who would have thunk it...we are on the right side this time. Brian and I found it funny...
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Well Ian has been on and off oxygen for the past few weeks and after many conversations with Ian's team of doctors it was decided his vent settings need to be checked/adjusted. One way to do this is thru a sleep study, however the next available vent sleep study is not until the middle of July...that is just not going to work. The other way to do this is being admitted, as much as we want to stay out of the hospital this seems to be our best option.
So we are off to the ER for admission to Hopkins for a few days.