December 25, 2011; Xmas Day

Merry Xmas to all and Happy Hanukkah...last night and today have been good. Last night Brian actually slept at the hospital (I should say Ian would let him) and I got to sleep home with Becca, we all did well with out sleeping arrangements. Ian and Brian both slept about 4 hours last night. Ian has his nights and days a little bit mixed up at the moment, all the noise and lights in the PICU don't help much with that. Today, was quiet, he was alert and feeling good. We played a little bit of UNO and with some other toys. It is hard to play with some of the things he likes to play with as he still has the bi-pap on...we watched some movies...over all he is bored but we are trying very hard to keep him entertained. His saturation levels are maintaining in the upper 90's, will desat a little bit when he got his chest PT and suctioning...and let me tell you, I never knew one person could produce so much stuff...and thick to boot. So let's see what else...last night they they started his feeds again as well as have stopped some of the other meds they started yesterday when he spiraled down. Today they had him off of the bi-pap for about 15 minutes and on regular oxygen, he did well and he loved the break his face got from the bi-pap mask. We are even talking about trying to find a way to wash his hair tomorrow...maybe they will even give his face another break from the bi-pap. As for when we are coming home...don't think that is happening anytime soon. They can not discharge him out of the PICU until he is back to his baseline or they have established a new base line....well his baseline before this was on no oxygen support, so we will just have to see how the next few days go.

To make all of you laugh ...Brian came back to the hospital tonight after being gone most of the day...earlier Ian asked who was going to sleep here with him, I told him Daddy was...he said he wanted me to sleep here...okay no big deal...so I told Brian but he said he was still going to come and visit and spend some time with us. So when he got here, Ian looked at him and asked him why he was here...well it took a little bit for us to figure out what he was talking about and why...he wanted to make sure that I was staying here and Daddy was going home. It came me a good laugh...you could tell he was going to be very upset. Brian asked Ian if he wanted to him to leave and Ian said yes....

On that note...I am going to say good night and try to get some sleep tonight.

Good morning Scher family. I hope everyone had a restful night and Ian is doing well. I've been thinking about all of you, hoping it might be okay to stop down for a short visit to share more get well wishes from the Chatsworth staff. Marci, I'll try to call you and confirm. Keep well. ---Trish Redding

Love to everyone! ---Lisa Lewis 

I hope that Ian recovers very soon. The Den/Pack miss him. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help. Ian - feel better soon! ---Tara Webb and Duncan Green 

Our most sincere prayers and hopeful wishes for a positive recovery for Ian.

Fondly, Lynne and Larry Lichtig

And that my friends is what I like to call that special "bond" between father and son, when he can look you straight in the eye and with all seriousness say....'Why are you here?' --Marci Scher 

you sound a little more positive Marci - I am happy about that. Lots of love to all of you!
Hugs ---Jenny Baker

Comments

Popular Posts