365 days later

One year, one month, one week, one day, one minute, one second ago. ... Who would have thought we would be where we are today.

When we took Ian into the hospital on January 5, 2013 we did not know the journey we would be in for. It has been an up and down journey for our family and our village, with many people coming into our village who this time last year were not a part of it. We have overcome many things we never thought we would have to...but when you become a parent you never know what you are in for. I have learned many things over this year...I am stronger then I thought I was, but there are times when I don't want to be stronger...yet I go on. When devastating news happens in our lives, it gives us the opportunity to put life into perspective and not sweat about the petty grievances. The challenge is to carry the perspective with us after the storm has passed. This is something I strive to do, I am not always the best at it but will continue to work towards...the ability or awareness to live in the present. 

Remember...treasure yesterday, dream of tomorrow but live for today.


Comments

  1. Kendra Bober Marci, I'm in the same mind as you...I remember following Your story from my own hospital bed. Love and strength to you all now and all year!

    Anne Polakoff King Very well said, as usual. Thank you for reminding us.

    Annelise Sullivan I'm so glad you've come out the other side of 2013. Great family photo!

    Marlene Ettlin So beautiful what you just said. You are all amazing people. Ian is lucky to have all of you. 👍👍👍😃😃😃😃😃

    Harry Blacker So glad you all had a good time. You deserve the smiles and good memories. Love to all. Miss my family!

    Marci Weinberg Scher Harry Blacker schedule a time to come up

    Sandra Huller <3!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts