Ian had his 6 month appointment with Dr. S, his pulmonary specialist, today. All went fine. His carbon dioxide level was 46..range is 35-45. Dr. S said they don't get concerned until it is at 50. His O2 saturation was 97...we know that is good. Ian's respiratory rate is 30 between the machine and how many breaths he is taking on his own in a minute. Dr. S said all of this is good as well as he looked and sounded good. Currently, she is not going to make any changes and he will go see her again in late August.
Since my last post, we have gotten asked a few times what we are planning on doing about his back surgery the end of March...we at this point we are not canceling it. It is still too far away to make any definite plans. We go to DuPont on March 23rd for his preoperative appointments and will make a decision afterwards. We did talk with Dr. S about it today and she has cleared him for surgery.
So until then we just continue to move forward with each day doing our best to live in the moment.