Mother's Day

Mother's Day means different things to different people. Whatever it means for you, I hope you have a very special one.

For me Mother's Day holds different meanings. Through different avenues, I have met many different mother's... A very special mother's day to all those who have lost...may your little ones memories bring you joy today. A very special mother's day to all mom's out there, may today bring more memories for you to hold dear. For those who have lost their mom, may her memory help you to make more memories. 

12 years ago, I celebrated my 1st mother's day weekend by bringing Becca and Ian home from the hospital. After spending 2 weeks in 2 different hospitals, and 1 week back in the same hospital, 3 weeks after they were born our family of 4 was home together. Having everyone home was wonderful and a Mother's Day for the books. Each and every Mother's Day, I have with my family of 4 on earth is incredible..however, I try to remember that each and every day I have here with my family of 4 is incredible (we will always be a family of 4, I just know that one day it will be in a different way). 

Becca and Ian's B'Nei MItzvah is exactly one year away....May 8, 2016 (Mother's Day)...OMG...when I started this blog today I did not realize this. Last night, I started going through our millions of photos, putting them into a special folder for a montage or photo album (we have not exactly decided what we are going to do yet). For me this was bitter sweet...I loved seeing all the old photos, all the old memories, all the things we used to do together....it was a harsh reminder of what this disease does to one's body, one's family, one's life...but it was also a reminder that we are all here...one day at a time, living for today. 






Happy Mother's Day


Comments

Popular Posts