Rock ‘N’ Roll - Something a Little Crazy for Me

So I decided to do something a little crazy for me...walk in a marathon...well the 10K part of it...I want to give back and need your help in order to do so...

Chai Lifeline is a wonderful organization which has provided our family with more opportunities then I can even begin to share...but let me try to give you a glimmer of what they have done for us.
  • Becca has a big sister, Rachel, who spends time with her every other week doing things we don't have the time to do with her...little things such as going to the movies, paint your own pottery...we are grateful for Rachel being able to do these with Becca.
  • Ian has a big brother, Netanel, who comes over every week and spends time with him...playing on the WII or just watching TV.
  • Volunteers, Tzvi, Adena, Adina, Ouriel and Ella 
  • Dinner is provided for us once a week
  • CAMP SIMCHA SPECIAL...where to even begin with this. For the past 3 years, Ian has gone to this wonderful camp...along with his wonderful counselor, Danny. Danny and the rest of the camp staff have provided Ian with an opportunity he would never have...going to sleep away camp. Swimming, boat rides, helicopter rides, arts and crafts, concerts...an amazing experience for him.
  • CAMP SIMCHA SPECIAL....gives Becca sometime without Ian to be a kid. 
  • CAMP SIMCHA SPECIAL...gives Brian and I a break, peace of mind knowing he is being well taken care of by Danny and all the staff...the medical staff has gotten to know him over the past 3 years, knowings his little ins and outs. 
This is just some of what Chai Lifeline has done for us...here is more of what it does...round emotional, social, and financial support to more than 4,300 children and their families every year. Chai Lifeline's programs and activities changes families lives forever, returning joy and hope and enabling us to live full and happy lives despite the presence of illness. Its most famous program is Camp Simcha (and its sister camp, Camp Simcha Special); every year these two camps offer 450 kids a chance to forget about illness and just be kids again.


I am walking the Rock ‘N’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K on their behalf. The training isn't easy, and the race itself will be quite a challenge too, but I am truly inspired by these children and their daily battle with life threatening or chronic illnesses. I plan to raise over $3600 by race day, and I hope you will help me reach this goal by making a generous tax-deductible donation.

Your support is a critical part of this effort and I know that together we can make a difference to Ian and his friends. All donations are 100% tax-deductible, and the Team Lifeline website (www.teamlifeline.org) makes donations quick, easy, and secure. Making a donation will only take a minute, so please donate today by visiting - www.teamlifeline.org/my/61338

Thank you for supporting me, and in doing so, helping children and their families cope with the diagnosis, treatment, and aftermath of serious pediatric illness.

I look forward to keeping you informed of my progress as a walker.

I hope you will also forward this to anyone you feel might be interested in supporting Chai Lifeline. Together we will make a difference!

Comments

Popular Posts