September 14th...A Day That Will Never Be Right...

Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Our last day together on earth. The last 24 hours together.
Little did we know, this was the case.
Little did we know, when we said good night to you, kissed you good night, told you to sleep well, and that it was okay for you to go to heaven...
Little did we know, you would listen to us so soon. 




September 14, 2016 
Your last 24 hours. 

September 14, 2020
All I can think about is how 4 years ago, it was your last day. What I would give to have known it was to be your last. I would have laid with you all day. Cuddled and kissed you all day. I want to scream as loud as I can so you can hear me in Heaven. I want to carry on like a toddler, have a tantrum, so maybe I will feel better, so maybe the emptiness I am feeling will go away. I know in my mind and heart that it won't matter how much I carry on, the emptiness will be there, at least a little piece each and every day.

 

Many days I celebrate you. 
I celebrate the twinkle in your eyes when you laughed. 
I celebrate your smile which could light up a room and make a bad day a better one.
I celebrate all they days we had with you, approximately all 4,880 of them.
I celebrate all you taught your sister, mommy and daddy.
I celebrate all you taught everyone who came to know you.
I celebrate all the love we shared with each other.
I celebrate all the days you have been in Heaven pain free.
I celebrate all the days you have been in Heaven playing video games, not getting frustrated with me because I sucked at them.





I celebrate all the days you have been in Heaven with all our other family members taking care of you or maybe you taking care of them...it really could go either way.
I will continue to celebrate you. 
I will continue to celebrate you, while not being sad (most of the time).
I will continue to celebrate you.
I will continue to say your name - 
IAN ALEXANDER SCHER
But today, I will celebrate you while I have my tantrums.
But today, I will celebrate you while I am missing every inch of you with every inch of me.


Comments

Popular Posts