Hope...

Last night we were on our way home from Mike and Jenn's wedding.... Congratulations to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law; my head was pounding. Migraines, painful and getting them when there is nothing you can do about it, sucks. So I went into the back seat of the van to lay down, putting my arm over my eyes; my thoughts started, imagine having the headache, not being able to lay down,  not being able to put my arm over my eyes... That is Ian everyday with everything he feels, needs, wants...there have been times when I have tried to lay down and not do anything, thinking what it would be like to need someone to come help me with everything, to do everything for me.  Most of the time I can't imagine, thinking that Ian knows what it is like to do for himself... Wondering what goes through his mind... I can't.

I think of a quote from a book I recently read which I jotted down because it struck me...

Hope, even in our darkest moments it is there. And in all its tenderness and beauty even if hard to see sometimes it is lifes greatest gift. The gift of hope a precious gift to share. The gift of hope passes from hand to hand like a baton, we are all in this together. Meeting the needs of others is humbling and I think Albert Einstein had it right when he said the only life worth living is a life lived in service to others.

Comments

  1. Irene Summers Gordon Gellar You are truly an inspiration to everyone who has met you and the rest of your remarkable family. May you and Brian continue to find the strength to meet daily challenges and the creativity to write such touching prose for all of us to read.

    Stefanie Zemlak Diamond how funny that you guys know each other! Hi Irene!

    Gina Cohen Mr. Einstein is correct! Hope your migraine went away. Marci Weinberg Scher, please stay healthy so you can continue to be Ian's voice & continue to serve him while you can. Sending big hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts