September 10, 2002 - The Beginning of Our Journey to Parenthood

It is hard to believe that 12 years ago today, our journey began and what a journey it has been. Implantation, bed rest, confirmation of pregnancy, complications, more bed rest, preemies, NICU (2 different hospitals). It is not the journey we thought we would have taken to become parents but it was our journey. Maybe we should have known nothing about the rest of our journey would be the way we envisioned it, just from the way it started. I see all the pictures on Facebook and Instagram from friends sitting at soccer fields, playing catch with their kids, doing all sorts of things, we loved being able to see them and share them with you. There is a part of me that wants to be able to do that, there is part of me that loves what I have. I read about friends going out on dates with their spouses, finding babysitters easily, there is more a part of me that really wishes I have that, but then I take moments like right now when I am sitting on the sofa watching Brian build a Lego with Ian, knowing the wonderful bonding moment they are having. Sitting here, part of me is thinking about where our journey started and the road we have taken to get where we are and where we will be one day. When we started and found out we were expecting twins, I never thought my family of four would one day become a family of three...not the way we one day will..so for now I will continue to see all the photos and status updates of friends, all the while continuing my families journey and treasuring it each and every day.

Comments

  1. Amy Eisenberg Samay Beautifully expressed, as always.

    Jill Pelovitz I have similar thoughts and similar moments. It's the living for today that keeps us grounded but it would be nice to have a "normal" life. I have learned to treasure a "normal" moment as you have. It is nice to share and educate so that others know what it is like. I think it encourages understanding and acceptance.

    Tamara Jayne Flax Beautifully written!

    Michelle Kampler Schwartz <3 You will always be a family of four <3

    Marlene Ettlin You always know how to write the most beautiful posts. Your wording is amazing ❗❗❗❗you are both wonderful parents.

    Harry Blacker Love you Marci!!

    Marci Weinberg Scher Michelle Kampler Schwartz, I know that. I guess I should have said physically....

    Jordan Forman Marci, as someone who has already been through it, you know how I feel, indeed enjoy every minute you get and treasure it, with both of your twins. Life goes on, but it is not easy. I am hoping against hope for you, be strong when you can, and when you can't, know that that is OK too.

    Michelle Kampler Schwartz Its a discussion we all have. And many choose to stick to the original number. But yeah...

    Julie Onnembo You are such an inspiration for strength and spirit. Hugs and prayers to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts