Second Thanksgiving

Words are hard to find as I sit on the sofa watching the Macys Parade. Becca's in her room and Brian's still sleeping, I'm thankful.  But something is missing, it's not complete. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries no day is easy, something is always missing and always will be.  I try, some days easier and better than others, to be grateful and thankful for each and every day and moment we had with Ian, as our physical family of four. Patti LaBelle just came on the parade to sing "Don't Save It All For Christmas", the words and meaning say it all.  Does it matter what holiday she is talking about, no... Just don't say it all, remember to let everyone know you are grateful and thankful for them. Everything can change in a second, no one knows, even though we knew we didn't know. I'm forever grateful and thankful for my perfectly, imperfect, beautiful family and village.

Comments

Popular Posts