A Sign...

Today, Becca and I went to the  Regional Twinless Twins Meeting in Frederick, Maryland. Brian wasn't able to attend as he's in Barcelona on his way to Israel. He's joining 100's of other men on the JWRP Men's Trip. This is the trip I went on in November 2017, which was life changing for me in numerous ways. After the last 2 years that Brian and I have had, I'm hoping he gets much out of it. That being said, at the end of the meeting there is a candle lighting ceremony. All of the twins and support people, light a candle in honor/memory of their twin. Together we all read the poem, "We Remember" and then said the twins name and a special message to them. I asked Ian to please look out for Brian while he's in Barcelona and Israel. 

So, imagine my surprise when driving home from Frederick, we drove by motorcycles. You are probably wondering why should seeing motorcycles on the road be shocking when it was such a beautiful day out. A perfect day for a ride, if it's your thing. It has been a while since I have seen motorcycles riders out and about. I didn't really think anything about it until we got closer and I saw they were from the MCV. This was Ian's club, well the club that made him an honorary member. I got home found his "cuts" and the photos for when they came to Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital to present him with his "cuts". He was delighted. 

For me, today, Ian was saying, Hey Mom, I've got this...all is good. I'm doing ok and watching...




We Remember Them 
by Sylvan Kamens & Rabbi Jack Riemer
At the rising sun and at its going down; We remember them.
At the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter; We remember them.
At the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of spring; We remember them.
At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of summer; We remember them.
At the rusting of the leaves and in the beauty of the autumn; We remember them.
At the beginning of the year and when it ends; We remember them.
As long as we live, they too will live, for they are now a part of us as We remember them.

When we are weary and in need of strength; We remember them.
When we are lost and sick at heart; We remember them.
When we have decisions that are difficult to make; We remember them.
When we have joy we crave to share; We remember them.
When we have achievements that are based on theirs; We remember them.
For as long as we live, they too will live, for they are now a part of us as, We remember them.

Comments

Popular Posts