In Honor Of Ian's 16th Birthday -- A Letter from Danny

written by Danny Trestman, September 17, 2016

My letter to my best friend Ian Scher z"l

It is with tear filled eyes and a broken heart that I write this. Yesterday we laid you to your final resting spot. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Ian Scher, you were an inspiration to me and to everyone around you. From the second I met you I knew my life had changed forever. You had a smile that would light up the room. Ian we shared so many amazing moments together. We laughed, we cried, we shared stories, we played games, we went on boat rides, we went swimming, we painted our nails (your idea not mine), we played pranks on each other, we did everything friends are supposed to do together. I knew I could count on you to make me happy. You had the ability to have a relationship with everyone you came in contact with. Life just won't be the same without you here with me. I know your up there making new friends, making them laugh and running around doing all the things you weren't physically able to do down here. Ian your finally free from all the pain and machines that kept you bound down here. As hard as it's going to be for me and everyone else down here, I know that you are happy and looking down on us. 

Ian Scher all I can say is thank you. Thank you for teaching me that every little thing in life matters. Thank you for teaching me what it is to be a friend. Thank you for being you. I love you and miss you so much. 


Comments

Popular Posts