An Update...

It has been a while, I know I always start off that way. I always tell myself I am going to do better with updating and it just never seems to happen. Things have been going well since Ian came home from the hospital on December 31, 2011…it was a great way to bring in the New Year. All four of us being under the same roof. I went to the store and got some things for dinner…crab cakes, steamed shrimp, a decorated chocolate chip cookie….just to make a few things to help make the night a special one. Ian has seen all of his doctors since then at least once and they have all discharged him from his hospitalization. He has been back at school and along with all of his activities. I want to thank everyone who was there for us during those very trying 2 weeks.


As I sit here, I think back to all the things we have been through as a family over the years…but my mind really hurts for Ian and Becca, as for me I feel as if they are the ones who seem to be hurt the most…if those are even the right words. At least Brain and I can somewhat make heads and tales out of what is going on and can try to understand it but how do 8 (almost 9) year olds make heads and tales out of if. To be honest, there really is no making any heads or tales out of it at all….sometimes you just feel so overwhelmed by every one else’s needs along with your own that you don’t even know where to go. When those moments happen I just try to remember all the good times we do have, all the laughs and the funny comments that both kids make without even realizing they are making them. I really need to start a writing them down as now that I want to share them, I can’t remember many of them.

One day Ian and I were sitting on the sofa, I don’t remember what we were doing but Ian told me he was going to do something. A few minutes later, he looks at me and said “Mommy, I am not going to do that.” I said you have to, you can’t change your mind. Ian’s response to me was yes I can…so I asked him who told him he could change his mind…his response to me was “My mind told me Mommy.”

I still get a kick out of Ian telling everyone that Peter Parker was in the Spiderman costume when he meet him on his Wish Trip. It is amazing to see things through a child’s eyes, especially when you know that those child’s eyes are a special gift.

One final thought…you don’t realize how much others take for granted…please make sure to cherish every moment you have with your loved ones, especially your children as you never know what the next day is going to bring…take a few minute to smell the roses…

Comments

  1. Glad to hear things are quiet and going smooth. You guys deserve a good year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts