December 24, 2011

Happy xmas eve to all who celebrate...last night started off well but took a spiral down. Ian did great with his 4am therapies, suctioned well and RT got some good stuff. Afterwards, he could not get himself back together, could not go back to sleep and as his RN said he just did not look comfortable. She had the MD's come and take a look at him and from there the spiral started. It took them a few hours to stabilize him and they were close to intubating. They have increased his meds, he is on continuous albuterol, as well as some other meds. When I stepped out for a minute, he was resting (finally). He will be watched closely today. He's awake now...have to go...will check back in later. 

Wow! What a scary and long night that must have been. I recall when Jessica had RSV she just became a mucous factory. I could not believe how much a 6 week old could produce. Thankfully he was not intubated. So glad they kept working toward that goal with success. You guys must be exhausted keeping up with that pace. I know when Nathan is sick, my sister and her husband get very little sleep taking care of him. We continue to think of you often and pray Ian gets over this soon!!  ---Jo Greenberg 

Ian-
At church today I am saying some special prayers for you and your family. I know you'll be up and around soon. Let us know when you can have visitors! Ryan, Abby and I would love to come see you. ----by Jenn Frisch

If you need to talk, just give us a ring!!! We're thinking about you guys.
Scot, Connie, Rylee and Grant Lippenholz

We send all our love. I am sure mom told you that I do feel comfortable coming down as all of Jamie's kids have been sick. Please know that we are thinking about all of you
Love,
Aunt Leslie and Uncle Lou

Love to you and family. ---Carol Zika

We're all praying for a speedy recovery and hope he gets better very soon.
Aunt Sandy and Uncle Stanley

I'm so glad you're keeping us updated and I am so sorry for Ian's pain. And yours. Tons of prayers for all of you and PLEASE let me know if I can come help in anyway. ---Elena French

Comments

Popular Posts