As We Approach 2018; Day 472

It's hard to believe that as we bring in 2018, it will be 472 days since you were with us on Earth.
Many things have changed and happened over these days. We've made it thru all the 1st and a few of the 2nd's. Overall, I think we've done pretty well. Some good and bad days. Ups and downs. Happy occasions and sad ones. All of which, I wish you were physically here for, but I know you were in my heart for all of it. 
Hanukkah was harder this year than last year. Remember we were away last year, so this was our 1st one home. I know Becca and Daddy felt it as well and it was hard for them also. Isaac came back, he missed a few nights. Becca wasn't happy he missed some but he was tired on those nights and went to sleep early.
Becca "graduated" from middle school and has been doing well in high school.  Loving the biomedical program. Horseback riding is going well. As is Girl Scouts. I missed your reactions when all the cookies would come in the house. Your eyes would be opened wide with a huge smile on your face. Then the tongue would come out, licking your lips as you tried to wait patiently for your lemonades. We would have to open one of the cases as soon as they were all in the house. The pure enjoyment on your face was priceless as you took your first bite.
I went to Israel with JWRP and Etz Chaim. It was a trip of a lifetime and helped me to begin to figure out who I am again. I knew over the years, I had lost myself in caring for you and I wouldn't have changed it for anything. Caring for you changed us in many ways, some good, some not so good, but the one thing it did do was enable us to have many more moments, memories and years with you. I'm hoping and praying I continue to figure out where I'm going and how to figure me out again. I know you were there with me. On my first night, I was walking back to the hotel and in one of the street stores there was a Spiderman stuffed animal hanging out. There was only one and it was my first opportunity to see anything Spiderman. Thank you. While in Israel, I spoke with 2 other mom's whose boys have VRK1. I can't begin to tell you how it felt to know they are out there, but my heart breaks for them knowing what lays ahead. I have been in touch with them thru email. I'm hoping I can be a valuable resource for them, the boys, and the rest of their families. I have become "sisters" with some incredible woman through this journey and am looking forward to continuing it with them.
Daddy's OK. He, like Becca and I, struggle from time to time. We were talking last night that New Year's Eve is coming and how it has been another year. Another year, really? another day, another week, another month and another year. As we have with all the other days, weeks, months and year; we will get thru. Some days, we will put on the happy face and we will move forward.  Other days, it will be a true, genuine happy face and we will move forward; always knowing you are in our hearts and with us.

Comments

Popular Posts