64 Six Word Stories About Grief

www.whatsyourgrief.com

The authors of 'What's Your Grief' wrote 
a post about the six word story, the well-known writing exercise made famous through the legend that Ernest Hemingway was once bet that he couldn't write a short story in six words. As the story goes he wrote the following story: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn". The validity of the legend may be unknown, but the power of six word stories is unequivocal.

They shared the post on facebook, asking for readers to share their own six word stories. These could be about a loved one, about a grief, or whatever really. The rules were pretty loose. They captured many stories, so here are just a handful of the hundreds of six word grief stories from the WYG readers:

  1. Julie Grumbrell Was Prince A week in my arms, forever in my heart.
  2. April Brecks Parker Ordinary day, two breaths, Heaven bound...
  3. SD Miller Sacrifised his life protecting others LODD
  4. Julie Amsden His weight killed him and me...
  5. Sylvia Corbit Waiting for the shoe to drop.
  6. Aleada Wyles Mommy of three, until that day...
  7. Kelly Potter he runs with the deer now
  8. Kandi Frye McMinn Wild heart with a gypsy soul...
  9. Sue Smith Tousled, funny, loved life...smash, dead.
  10. Tracy Davies Stepping towards the train gone forever.
  11. Jennifer Knapp The silent delivery room, broke me..
  12. Mary Beth Aungler I am my mother's daughter, eternally.
  13. Sondra Sattazahn Happily ever after ended rather prematurely.
  14. Jenny Jordan This year, I will outlive you.
  15. Nicki DiCecco Loshnowsky Amazing boy, beautiful smile, organ donor
  16. Melissa Morgan Groth Painkillers kill, destroy lives and families.
  17. Shanon Ramierz I am complete having loved you.
  18. Emily Schaech Didn't understand all that she sacrificed...
  19. Emily Schaech Suffered too long...finally free.
  20. Rhonda Novack A beautiful, valiant soldier and father.
  21. Viviana Baca Your death profoundly changed us all.
  22. Caroline Anne Life will never be the same.
  23. Becca Dinger-Tedder I thought she would get old.
  24. Tameka White-Island Breast cancer stole her, my mom
  25. Pam Braden Loved beyond measure gone too soon.
  26. Milene B Munro Joy, unknown, fighting, relapse, forever 7
  27. Angie Soudrette Trade your halo for my life.
  28. Connie Broers My closest Friend...died, and then...
  29. Rachel South Nine months along, both are gone.
  30. Suzanne Gehrke Fehlman The better half of our one.
  31. Amy Curley Thought we would get old together...
  32. Sharon Baugher Nickell We didn't live happily ever after.
  33. Melissa Stirrett This life doesn't work without him.
  34. Shaileen Kelly Landsberg His generous heart just couldn't last.
  35. Autumn Suzann Huddlestun Everyone changed after he went away.
  36. Sandra Pajka-Giska My Dad, this girl's first love.
  37. Vivian Moore MacKinnon Six words simply are not enough.
  38. Linda B Charbonneau Man of my dreams...now gone.
  39. Terry Musella-Barry She was born to be free.
  40. Nicole Schroeder I will never hear him talk.
  41. Sandy Marthaler Ran over him and our hearts!
  42. Debbie Rumel Starr Why will he not wake up.
  43. David Morgan She...epic, I just loved her.
  44. Trisha Gonzalez She fought for us and lost.
  45. Angelena Aytch He made me laugh at myself.
  46. Delene Adkins Stoner Husband and son taken together. Shattered.
  47. Ginny Limer Once upon a time...then grief.
  48. Shawna Gibbons I loved them like my sisters
  49. Cyndi Stellwagen When I most needed him, gone.
  50. Marg Thomson He came. He cared. He died.
  51. Alix Stera He was my best 8 years.
  52. Jewel Dornin Promised he'd never leave me-ever...
  53. Jennie Holloway Stillborn baby, born still, still born
  54. Lilna M. Sarapik My dad, my hero, is gone.
  55. Ruth Heinzmann Love treasured. Deeply missed. Living still.
  56. Amy Pinkston It all just seems like yesterday.
  57. Mary Gibson Loy A generous soul gave another life.
  58. Alice Monck-Pause Didn't know that was goodbye.
  59. Tina Lawrence I'm not who I once was.
  60. Re Mallahan I was eleven and far away.
  61. Loretta Sessions She never said "I love you".
  62. Tanya Nalley Begged God to take me instead.
  63. Lindsay Lapaquette Wake me up from this nightmare.
  64. Monique Hymel No one can ever replace you.



Comments

Popular Posts