Children's Grief Awareness Day: 64 Six-Word Stories

The third Thursday in November is Children's Grief Awareness Day! No worries if you have never heard of it, if you visit the Children's Grief Awareness Day website you can get a ton of great information, but here are some basics. According to the CGAD website, the history of the day goes like this:

Created in 2008 by the High mark Caring Place, A Center for Grieving Children, Adolescents and Their Families, and since recognized by organizations around the world, Children's Grief Awareness Day is observed every year on the third Thursday in November (the Thursday before the U.S. holiday of Thanksgiving). This time of year, particularly, appreciate time to support grieving children because the holiday season is often an especially difficult time after a death.

Children's Grief Awareness Day seeks to bring attention to the fact that often support can make all the difference in the life of a grieving child. It provides an opportunity for all of us to raise awareness of the painful impact that the death of a loved one has in the life of a child, an opportunity to make sure that these children receive the support they need.

Here in the form of a six-word story, WYG shared some of the stories to bring attention to childhood grief.  

  1. "You loved God, he betrayed you" -Vicky
  2. "2 sisters gone to heaven alone" -Amy
  3. "He committed suicide. I never understood. -Vicky
  4. "Our Papa was the best Papa" -Nik
  5. "Is there a door to Heaven?" -Leanne
  6. "Why isn't anyone talking to me?" -Drew
  7. "She feels lost without her sister" -Andrea
  8. "All around us, but still gone" -Rachel
  9. "My niece needs her daddy's hugs." -Jen
  10. "I kissed you goodbye. You left." -Michelle
  11. "Sadness is big when you're small" -Susan
  12. "Kids are tougher than you think" -Grief Compass
  13. "You carry the scars into adulthood" -Tina
  14. "It will be with you always" -@sweetbutterfly2
  15. "He misses baseball with his daddy" -Trish
  16. "It changes you forever and ever" -Tina
  17. "You grow older than you are" -Alissa
  18. "Forever and always in your heart" -Kristina
  19. "An unexplainable longing and validation need" -Libby
  20. "My daddy lives in heaven now" -Faith
  21. "A piece of me is gone" -Elizabeth
  22. "I miss you so much Evan." -Trina
  23. "Things will never be the same." -Karen
  24. "No one can replace my father" -Kristin
  25. "He's missing all of my milestones" -Alexandra
  26. "He was my very best Papa" -Hazel
  27. "I miss my big Papa hugs" -Sawyer
  28. "Can't remember your face anymore, Grandpa" -Teresa
  29. "I can't believe he's gone mommy." -Michele
  30. "I only remember him sick, mama" -Nora
  31. "Wish he could come back, Mom." -Elizabeth
  32. "Can we visit him in Heaven?" -Angela
  33. "His breaking heart shattered mine more" -Jennifer
  34. "Mommy, Why did God need Daddy?" -Janelle
  35. "Two twins, one lives. Feels halved." -Chad
  36. "My big sissy is an angel." -Victoria
  37. "Where's your mommy and daddy, mama?" -Jeanne-Marie
  38. "I think about you every second" -Stephanie
  39. "You died. I did not. Why?" -Manette
  40. "Why did God take my brother?" -Ashton
  41. "I wish I died with you...." -Mare
  42. "He can't express his grief yet" -Lisa
  43. "Somehow we laugh in grief group" -Heather
  44. "Every day I feel his pain" -April
  45. "She still cannot grieve what happened" -Lisa
  46. "Eleven years, everything still tastes bitter" -April
  47. "I want my big brother back" -Sissy
  48. "He just wants his brother here." -Katie
  49. "Three girls growing up without dad" -Julie
  50. "Oh I miss my old life." -Jill
  51. "Thinks dad died because he's bad." -Rebecca
  52. "Daddy's suicide = a lost little girl." -Anastasia
  53. "How many tears can a mommy cry?" -Deborah
  54. "But why aren't funerals for kids?" -Ryan
  55. "My world has been torn apart" -Anne Marie
  56. "I only remember her being sick" -Beth
  57. "He hid his sickness he's missed" -Casandra
  58. "Gone too soon, Eric and Marissa" -Debra
  59. "You will never see me graduate" -Tom
  60. "I want mom to be proud" -Erika
  61. "52 years later, still grieve sometimes" -Lee
  62. "Am I still a twin sister?" -Annie
  63. "Your memory means everything to me" -Jennifer

Comments

Popular Posts